Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Richard!

Richard is now 5-years old! He's been counting down for quite a while now, so he was so excited when the day finally came. His preschool recognized his birthday and he came home with this crown. He loves blue, so this is perfect for him.Here he is with his favorite gift. He's been carrying it around as much as possible. He was sad I wouldn't let him bring it to bed. It's a "Mack" truck from Disney's Cars. He loves that movie and has been asking for Mack for about a year now.

He also got a basketball hoop that he's excited about. We bought it from my sister who doesn't need it anymore. So, we still need to get a new hoop and a smaller ball to fit, but he's had fun with it so far.

Here he is with the rest of his gifts.
I made a white chocolate cheesecake. He wanted a "white cake with strawberries," and so I took some liberty to guide him toward a cake recipe I wanted to try. He liked it!
I was at a Relief Society retreat the night before and morning of, so we didn't start until I got home. I made muffins before I left so he could have a nicer breakfast than our typical cold cereal and yogurt. We met family at McDonald's for lunch. That was Richard's restaurant of choice. After we let him play for a while, we went back to the house for cake and presents. We then went miniature golfing. He's wanted to do this for months and I promised him we could go on his birthday. He loved it.
We love Richard! He's very smart. He's got a tender side, though he can be quite spazzy and excitable. He's a big help and pretty obedient. He loves to go to primary and is learning the basics of the gospel. We're so glad to have him in our family!



2 comments:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Looks like he had a fun day. Happy birthday Richard.

Also -- I'm glad you got to go the R.S. retreat. Was it fun?

megan said...

Happy Birthday Richard! We still can't believe it, Lucille - 4 under the age of 5?! Jer and I just think about your family in awe.