Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My luck

At work, I have to make goals for the upcoming year at each annual review. So, last year, I made a goal to take a Neuro class, because our unit is focusing more on neuro cases as the open heart surgeries were moved to the cardiovascular ICU.
Well, our educator kept saying she was going to have a class held at our hospital. That sounded ideal to me, because, otherwise, I would have to drive 1-1 1/2 hours to get to a different hospital for their class.
Back in July, she finally announced we were having one in September. "Great!" I thought. That will work out perfectly.
Alas, last weekend, she announced it has been postponed until October due to the presenters "needing more time to prepare." What?! They will have had at least two months!
So now, lucky me, either I don't take the class in October and so take a major hit to my raise or I take a class that spans my due date. If things go like they did with Audrey, I will make it to one of the four classes and then spend the rest of the classes freshly post-partum. If things go like they did with Richard, I'll still have to attend one of the classes within days of having this baby.
Lucky me!

1 comment:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

I fail to see the problem. Just go without your raise :) Isn't it the pits when you're left with no good solutions to a problem?