Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stitches


The kids were outside riding bikes. While they were out there, Marie tripped on the road and slammed her chin. I'm not sure exactly what happened, because I didn't see it. Audrey brought Marie in the house and said, “Mom! Marie needs help!” I looked at Marie and she had a big blood clot hanging off her chin! Marie wasn't even crying! I told them to grab a tissue, since I was in the middle of feeding Thomas. I then looked at her chin and knew that she needed stitches. The doctor (my dad) first put Marie on the exam table. I must admit I felt a small amount of relief when Dad said, “Yea, this needs stitches.” I was worried at how she would do, because she kept trying to sit back up. I sat by her to hold her hands. Dad started to numb her chin up. She held SO still! She didn't even cry for the first few injections. She only started to cry at the very end of the numbing process, and she continued to hold so still! Dad put drapes on Marie and started to stitch her up. She was amazing and was so cooperative! She didn't even flinch. She didn't try to pull the drapes off. Her eyes were closed since the light was shining in her eyes. She was so relaxed that I wondered if she'd fallen asleep! Even Dad commented on how well she'd done and that he rarely saw kids as young as her be so cooperative! I was very impressed and proud of how she'd done! 






1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, what a trooper! I'm totally impressed that she was so sweet and patient through the whole ordeal. I'm pretty sure we would've had to sedate my kids to attempt that. Heck, I practically have to sedate my kids to pull out a sliver. Well, I hope Marie's little chin heals up quickly and you can avoid any more trips to the doctor this summer.